Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kereta Ekonomi

It has been a long time I did not use economic train (?) for transportation to go to and from work. Two days ago I came out late from my office and went to tanah Abang Station at around 09.00 pm. I bought a ticket for Rp. 1,500. Then I went down the stairs. There was a train with yellow colour in 6th line. I decided to get on the train. Inside the train was hot. Passengers were so crowded. Moreover I stood next to train's machine. Many traders went back and forth.
I enjoyed having experience to meet people on the street like myself in the train and having conversation with, but I could not stand my sweat because there was no air conditioned and broken window that could not be opened. The fans were not running.

I bought a sticky picture of Spongebob Squarepants for my kid for Rp. 3,000. My son was very excited knowing that I brought the picture for him. He asked me to put it on his room door.
I have been wondering what if I am sweating when I go to work. Maybe I have to bring clothes, so I could change them.
Actually, train is a mode of transportation which is fast, affordable, and no traffic jam. I hope in the near future, Indonesia will have trains which can be used comfortably around Jakarta, Bogor, Bekasi, and Serpong.

No comments: